What an honor to be nominated by the admirable gladius poeticus poet. Thank you Kenneth.
And how exciting it is to receive a second blog award
So here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Awards:
– Nominate up to 15 fellow bloggers
– Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
– Share 7 random things about yourself.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you.
– Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture on your blog post.
Here are a few blogs I recently came across and would like to nominate:
Jason Writes – the teacher that middle schoolers will forever remember
Motherhood is an Art – the mother with the funniest stories of her kids
Pangaweka – the artist with the beautiful pictures and beautiful words
And here are seven random things about me:
1. My childhood is filled with memories of travels to countries around the world. Visiting different lands, hearing different languages, eating different foods, learning of different religions, experiencing different cultures – all made me the person I am now. Read this piece I wrote about how I feel about a country.
2. When dreaming of motherhood, I always imagined having all pretty little girls. I end up having two very messy boys. Here’s one inspired by my boy’s dream to sail. And this about their red toy car. And this one of their little hands in mine.
3, I fell in love with poetry at first sight. I was 7 years old when I first read a poem. It was about a robin. Memorised it and kept reciting to myself all day.
4. I wrote my first poem when I was 10 as a class assignment. Mine was the only poem that the teacher chose to read out loud to the class. Sadly, I lost the poem, but I remember the first line which also repeats as the last ‘I drew a house with a grey sky moving’
5. I’m a Virgo. I feel very connected to my sign. Here’s what I wrote on my birthday.
6. I believe happiness is the most important thing one should seek in life. I really, really do believe in this.
7. Seven is my favorite number!